1. News organizations in Maryland, Delaware and the District of Columbia are eligible to enter the contest. All entries must have been aired or posted in 2021.
2. One First and one Second Place award is made in each category. All entries will be judged, but it is the judge’s discretion whether to name a winner when there is only one entry in a category. The finalists will be notified prior to the awards banquet, but whether they won First Place or Second Place will not be announced until the Awards Banquet.
3. Stations are permitted to publicize that they have been named a finalist prior to the Awards Banquet.
4. There is no limit to the number of entries that can be made in each category unless otherwise noted.
5. There will be no multiple entering of the same entry in different categories. However, it is acceptable to use portions of content in categories that require a compilation of work. For example, an entry for the Best Reporter category could include an excerpt from the Spot News category, as long as it was not duplicated in its entirety.
6. For all entries, individual elements may not be re-edited and must appear as they did on air. Commercials and network material may be deleted.
TV I / Large Market:TV stations licensed to cities and cable services that serve in Nielsen Markets 1-50 (Baltimore, Washington)
TV II / Small Market:TV stations licensed to cities and cable services that serve outside of the TV 1 Market (ranked 51 and above)
RADIO I / Metro: AM/FM, AM only or FM only and non-commercial radio stations licensed to cities in Nielsen Markets 1-50 (Baltimore, Washington)
RADIO II / Non-Metro: AM/FM, AM only or FM only and non-commercial radio stations licensed to cities outside the Radio I market (Annapolis and those ranked 51 and above)
$50 Fee Per Television Entry
$30 Fee Per Radio I Entry
$25 Fee Per Radio II Entry
$40 Fee Per Newspaper Entry
(Plus $2.50 Per Entry PayPal Fee)